TUCSON, Ariz. — Nearly seven months after 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie disappeared from her Tucson home, her daughter, Today co-anchor Savannah Guthrie, is making another emotional appeal to whoever may be responsible for her mother’s disappearance.
The case remains active, but investigators have yet to identify a suspect or make a significant breakthrough. The Pima County Sheriff’s Department and federal investigators have spent months analyzing DNA, surveillance footage and other digital evidence in an effort to determine what happened to Nancy.
Authorities believe Nancy was taken from her home in the early morning hours of Feb. 1 after she was last seen the previous night. Investigators have continued to appeal to the public for information that could help establish where she was taken and who was responsible.
Savannah Guthrie Continues Her Plea
Savannah and other members of the Guthrie family have repeatedly pleaded with the person or people responsible to bring Nancy home.
The family’s public appeals have continued even as the investigation has stretched into its seventh month. Savannah has previously urged whoever has information about her mother to do the right thing and emphasized that it is not too late to help bring Nancy home.
The family has also continued offering a substantial financial incentive for information leading to Nancy’s recovery.
Ransom Notes Complicate Investigation
Investigators have also had to sort through a series of ransom messages sent to media organizations during the investigation.
Authorities have determined that some messages were extortion attempts, while others have received additional scrutiny as potentially legitimate. Investigators have been examining the language and contents of the notes for clues that could help identify whoever sent them.
In July, a California man separately pleaded guilty to harassing members of the Guthrie family with fake Bitcoin-related messages. That case was unrelated to the ransom notes being investigated by authorities.
Human Remains Found in Tucson Desert
The investigation received renewed attention Monday after human remains were discovered in a desert area near West Ajo Way and South La Cholla Boulevard, approximately 15 miles from Nancy Guthrie’s home.
However, the Pima County Sheriff’s Department said there is no indication at this time that the remains are connected to Nancy’s disappearance.
Authorities said the remains appear to have been at the location for an extended period. The discovery is being investigated separately while the search for information about Nancy continues.
$1.2 Million Reward Remains
A combined $1.2 million reward remains available for information leading to Nancy Guthrie’s safe recovery. The reward includes funds provided by the Guthrie family and law enforcement.
Despite months of searches, forensic testing and public appeals, Nancy has not been found and no suspect has been publicly identified.
The Guthrie family continues to ask anyone who may have seen something unusual around the time of Nancy’s disappearance—or who may have information they previously considered insignificant—to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Pima County Sheriff’s Department at 520-351-4900 or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324).
Habari Entertainment will continue to follow developments in the Nancy Guthrie investigation as authorities work to determine what happened to her.
Source: The Citizen

More Stories
1 Dead, 2 Critically Injured in Shooting Outside LDS Church During Funeral in Kearns
Magnitude 7.4 Earthquake Leaves at Least 111 Dead, Collapses Buildings in Western Colombia
Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Jalapeños Sickens 345 Across 27 States; Major Retailers Recall Products