An irresistible end-of-summer jam, ‘Jane,’ was produced by Rykeyz. Recorded in Miami, the single comes with an official music video directed by Mid Jordan, featuring both Marley and Starr. Watch the official music video for ‘Jane’ Featuring Ayra Starr.
Marley shares: “‘Jane’ is really about finding that thing in your life to keep you balanced and free from stress. It was a good common ground for Ayra and I to instantly connect and set the vibe.”
Currently, Skip Marley is on his North American festival tour that includes headlining slots at Beacon Park in Detroit, Michigan, as well as SummerStage in Central Park, New York City, on September 26th. On September 21, the young Marley will commence his headlining CHANGE TOUR, starting in Toronto, Canada.
NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES
- 08/27 – Beacon Park – Detroit, MI
- 09/17 – Sea.Hear.Now Festival – Asbury Park, NJ
- 09/21 – Toybox – Toronto, ON
- 09/23 – Higher Ground – Showcase Lounge – Burlington, VT
- 09/24 – Freshgrass Festival – MASS MoCA – North Adams, MA
- 09/26 – Central Park SummerStage – New York, NY
- 09/27 – Union Stage – Washington, DC
- 09/28 – Elevation 27 – Virginia Beach, VA
- 09/30 – Oceans Calling Festival – Ocean City, MD
- 10/02 – Harlows Night Club – Sacramento, CA
- 10/04 – SoHo Restaurant & Music Club – Santa Barbara, CA
- 10/05 – The Roxy – Los Angeles, CA
- 10/06 – AURA – Tempe, AZ
- 10/08 – Reggae Rise Up Vegas Festival – Las Vegas, NV
- 10/09 – Hangar House – Salt Lake City, UT
- 10/10 – Cervantes’ Other Side – Denver, CO
- 10/12 – 3Ten – Austin, TX
- 10/14 – House Of Blues – Cambridge Room – Dallas, TX
- 10/15 – House Of Blues – Bronze Peacock – Houston, TX
- 10/16 – Parish at House Of Blues – New Orleans, LA
- 10/18 – Underbelly – Jacksonville, FL
- 10/19 – Crowbar – Tampa, FL
- 11/20 – Wonderfront Music Arts Festival – San Diego, CA
‘Jane’ Ft. Ayra Starr follows his last single, ‘Change,’ released earlier this year. Produced and co-written by Oscar Holter, the feel-good, reggae-tinged track brought all of the positive vibes at a time when the world needs it most. The record signified a new chapter for Skip Marley, who is currently working on his debut album.
Skip Marley earned his first RIAA Gold certified single for the #1 global smash ‘Slow Down’ with GRAMMY® Award-winning artist H.E.R. With over 200 million global streams, the song became the quickest and biggest-streaming song in Marley family history and elevated Skip to over 440 million total streams.
It was the first time a Jamaican-born artist reached the #1 spot on the Billboard Adult R&B chart. At the same time, Skip became the first Jamaican-born artist inside the Top 15 on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart in nearly a decade and a half (since Sean Paul and Keyshia Cole in 2006 with “When You Gonna Give It Up to Me”).
The track spent three weeks at #1 at R&B Radio. Skip received nominations for two Grammy Awards (Best R&B song and Best Reggae Album) and two Soul Train Music Awards, an NAACP Image Award, and Best New Artist at the iHeart Music Awards.